This open website is a part of dv’s very mysterious New Cathedral of Erotic Misery.
There’s nothing mysterious about this website though: it is simply a place to share stuff connected to the Heracleitos Fragments, no strings attached.
It aims to list all known fragments of text ascribed to Heracleitos of Efeze in their original language alongside
- a transcription in the Latin alphabet (other transcriptions are welcome too)
- a translation into English, French and Dutch as available in open source online files
- translations from published collections in any language
- alternative translations in those languages offered by users of this website
- translations into other languages offered by users or readers of this website
- ‘readings’ (‘lectures’, ‘lezingen’) of or commentaries on the individual fragments in either French, English or Dutch. These texts can take any form or genre, poem, essay, story, prose…
- works of art based on or dealing with individual fragments: any other code (visual or audio or any mixture) that can be published through or linked in the WordPress application.
Anybody is welcome to become a ‘user’ (co-editor) of this website. Any reader may offer transcriptions, translations or ‘readings’ of fragments to any user.
To join or contribute just mail me @ dirkvekemans_at_yahoo.com.